[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install failure

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Sat Mar 21 16:05:00 UTC 2015

Roberto Cornacchia wrote:
> Indeed, id admin does not work and there is no sign of it in the log.
>
> From the client (with admin-tools installed):
>
> $ kinit admin
> Password for admin at HQ.EXAMPLE.COM <mailto:admin at HQ.EXAMPLE.COM>:
> $ ipa user-show admin
>   User login: admin
>   Last name: Administrator
>   Home directory: /home/admin
>   Login shell: /bin/bash
>   UID: 1172000000
>   GID: 1172000000
>   Account disabled: False
>   Password: True
>   Member of groups: trust admins, admins
>   Kerberos keys available: True
> $ id admin
> id: admin: no such user
> $ getent passwd admin at hq.spinque.com <mailto:admin at hq.spinque.com>
> $ grep admin /var/log/sssd/*
> $

This is because sssd is not configured in nsswitch.conf to serve
anything other than sudo.

I see in the client install log you posted in the first message of the
thread that there was no pre-existing sssd.conf so it created a new one,
but that shouldn't be an issue.

What does sssd.conf look like and is sssd running?

rob