[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install failure

Roberto Cornacchia roberto.cornacchia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:24:49 UTC 2015

Thanks Rob.

Knowing that /etc/nsswitch.conf is created wrongly is a step forward,
although we don't know why that happens yet.
I'm not very keen on fixing it post-installation (except if this is just to
learn more about the issue), even if this seems to solve problems. I'm not
going to deploy freeIPA for real before I can at least run successfully a
plain installation.

It seems SELinux can be ruled out as well.
I switched to permissive mode and tried again, no difference.

And so far I haven't been able to find anything useful in the logs.

What strikes me is that these are really a plain and up to date FC21
machines, and my deployment was as from the book. The last of the settings
you'd expect issues from.

Can anyone (user or developer) confirm successful deployment of both server
and client on up-to-date (updated this week) FC21 systems? I know it's
maybe a bit far-fetched, but could any of the latest FC updates have
created the issue?

Roberto