[Freeipa-users] SUDO with HostGroup and UserGroup not working

Yogesh Sharma yks0000 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:53:52 UTC 2015

Sure Jakub. ++FreeIPA-Users

"getent netgroup" not working on IPA Server

[root at mipa ~]# getent netgroup stg.initd.com
[root at mipa ~]#

[root at mipa ~]# ipa hostgroup-show cipa-servers
  Host-group: cipa-servers
  Member hosts: cipa.stg.initd.com
  Member of netgroups: stg.initd.com

[root at mipa ~]# ipa netgroup-show stg.initd.com
  Netgroup name: stg.initd.com
  NIS domain name: stg.initd.com
  Member Group: admins, ipausers, masteruser, trust admins, webuser
  Member Hostgroup: sipa-servers, cipa-servers

However, I re-register the IPA Client and I am able to query netgroup,
Though it does not shows cipa.stg.initd.com whereas IPA Server query "ipa
netgroup-show stg.initd.com" has it in list.

[root at cipa ~]# getent passwd admin
admin:*:1170400000:1170400000:Administrator:/home/admin:/bin/bash
[root at cipa ~]# getent netgroup stg.initd.com
stg.initd.com      (sipa.stg.initd.com,-,stg.initd.com)
[root at cipa ~]#

*Yogesh Sharma*
*Email: yks0000 at gmail.com <yks0000 at gmail.com> | Web: www.initd.in
<http://www.initd.in>*