[Freeipa-users] Not able to SSH with User Created in IPA Server

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 13:40:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 15:42 +0530, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are getting error while trying to ssh using users created in IPA
> server.
>
> root at yogesh-ubuntu-pc:~# ssh -vvv cm8158 at 52.74.84.94

You should use the machine's fully qualified name if you want to login
using GSSAPI/Krb5, an IP address cannot be resolved to a proper key as
keys are registerd into the KDC as
host/machine.fully.qualified.name at REALM.

It's the same thing as with HTTPS, the client need to know the "name" of
the server in order to be able to properly communicate with it.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York