[Freeipa-users] subjectAlternitiveName for webservice

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 13:50:26 UTC 2015

Matt . wrote:
> When digging around I see this documentation:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/FreeIPA_Guide/load-balancing.html
>
> I would except that server.example.com is not going to be accepted by
> IPA when you visit the webgui like that ?

These are SRV records for the ldap service. Think of it as discovery for
who provides ldap service in the domain. It isn't something used by a
web browser.

I'm no DNS expert (by far) but this example looks a little wonky. I'd
think it should be example.com and not server.example.com. But in any
case it is irrelevant to a browser.

rob