[Freeipa-users] inserting users via java

Timothy Worman lists at thetimmy.com
Thu Mar 26 18:37:04 UTC 2015

Thanks everyone for the input.

I do agree that I don’t like the sound of option 1. I don’t want to be sending CLI commands from a remote host. And option 3 sounds sounds a bit brittle to me.

2 sounds like the most solid option available right now. I like the fact that there’s an existing/working API there. I’ll need to look into converting my objects into json.

This area honestly seems like one of the weakest aspects of freeipa. There really needs to be a way to push known person entities into the directory easily. I would be willing to test option 4 if that is where the future is headed.

Tim