[Freeipa-users] subjectAlternitiveName for webservice

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 21:11:11 UTC 2015

Hi,

This should be it and worked for generating the cert with the altname
ldap.domain.tld

When I login and I go to services I get the following:

cannot connect to
'https://ldap-01.domain.tld:443/ca/agent/ca/displayBySerial':
(SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN) Unable to communicate securely with peer:
requested domain name does not match the server's certificate.

So I'm a little bit confused here as the certificate contains both hostnames.

A simple wget says the ldap-01 doesn't exist also:

 https://ldap-01.domain.tld/ipa/json
Connecting to ldap-01.domain.tld
(ldap-01.domain.tld)|10.100.0.251|:443... connected.
ERROR: no certificate subject alternative name matches
        requested host name 'ldap-01.domain.tld'.
To connect to ldap-01.domain.tld insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.