[Freeipa-users] Additional pre-authentication required, Ticket Wrong ?

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:47:57 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

Now my Certification issues are solved for using a loadbalancer in
front of my ipa servers I get the following:

Unable to verify your Kerberos credentials

and in my logs:

Additional pre-authentication required.

This happens when I connect throught my loadbalancers, I see my server
coming ni with the right IP.

When I access my ipa server directly, not using the loadbalancer IP
between it, my kerberos Ticket is valid.

I get the feeling that when I use my loadbalancers and because of that
I get a 301 redirect it needs a preauth. I see some issues on
mailinglists but it doesn't fit my situation.

Why wants it the preauth when I already have a valid ticket and my
redirect is followed by CURL and posted the right way ?

I hope someone has an idea.

Thanks,

Matt