[Freeipa-users] anonymous binds limits?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 15:50:31 UTC 2015

On 03/30/2015 10:15 AM, Janelle wrote:
> For LDAP-only clients, I see an issue with performance on the dirsrv
> backends, and much of it has to do with 2 things:
>
> 1. Anonymous binds (1000's because of 7000+ hosts)
> 2. unindexed searches <-- perhaps the biggest problem and working on
> troubleshooting that and figuring out how to fix it.

For that amount of clients we recommend 2-3 replicas.

There is documentation on how to create indexes.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Indexes-Creating_Indexes.html#Creating_Indexes-Creating_Indexes_from_the_Command_Line

I am not a DS guru but AFAIU they need to be created on each replica.

You need to check what searches are taking long time and then match the
attributes that you are looking for with the list of the indexed
attributes. The link about will give you the location where the indexes
are stored.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal