[Freeipa-users] freeipa behind a load balancer

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 12:35:29 UTC 2015

Hi Petr,

As this is not my topic it's for me quite "simple".

I need to post to /ipa/json through a loadbalancer, nothing more.

i have

ldap-01.domain.tld (ipa1)
ldap-01.domain.tld (ipa2)

and my loadbalancer is ldap.domain.tld

ldap requests over a loadbalancer are quite simple and working, but
the json part is more difficult because of the ticket and the dns
name. I have added a san ldap.domain.tld to the webgui and there is a
http/ldap.domain.tld service on the ipa server.

I get a nonvalid kerberos ticket when I go through ldap.domain.tld to
ldap-01.domain.tld, but when I change my script to ldap-01.domain.tld
after it failed my ticket is OK for ldap-01.domain.tld and works.

Is this enough information for you ?

Cheers,

Matt