[Freeipa-users] Troubleshooting SSO

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 14:40:49 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:02:37AM -0400, Gould, Joshua wrote:
> Klist in Windows showed one ticket for the IPA domain.
>
> #0>	Client: adm-faru03 @ test.osuwmc
> 	Server: krbtgt/UNIX.TEST.OSUWMC @ TEST.OSUWMC
> 	KerbTicket Encryption Type: AES-256-CTS-HMAC-SHA1-96
> 	Ticket Flags 0x40a40000 -> forward able renewable pre_authent
> ok_as_delegate
> 	Start Time: 3/31/2015: 9:29:25 (local)
> 	End Time:   3/31/2015: 15:28:22 (local)
> 	Session Key Type: AES-256-CTS-HMAC-SHA1-96

The means that you do not have a ticket for the IPA client. Please make
sure you use 'mid-ipa-vp01.unix.test.osuwmc' as hostname with putty.

Since the AD DC gave you the cross-realm TGT (the ticket you've shown
above) I would expect that you Windows client has issues resolving a KDC
in the IPA domain. Please check on the Windows client with the nslookup
utility you DNS SRV records like

_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.unix.test.osuwmc

and

_kerberos._tcp.unix.test.osuwmc

can be resolved.

> IPA and SSSD are:
> ipa-server.x86_64
> 4.1.0-18.el7_1.3
> sssd.x86_64
> 1.12.2-58.el7_1.6.1
>
> Kinit adm-faru03 at TEST.OSUWMC was telling. Once it reported ³kinit: KDC
> reply did not match expectations while getting initial credentials². We
> waited a minute or two (were discussing results) and tried again just
> adding the -V flag and it worked.
>
> Kvno host/mid-ipa-vp01.unix.test.osuwmc at UNIX.TEST.OSUWMC = 2
>
> Verbose logging in putty gave the following error:

Which errors do you see when using ssh in the IPA client after calling
kinit? Or is it working in this case?

bye,
Sumit