[Freeipa-users] Cross Realm Authentication between two FreeIPA Servers

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Sat May 2 15:03:46 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> Do we have any plans to implement in future?
Yes, once we get everything ready for fully working AD trusts support
(i.e. IPA users being able to login to Windows machines). The reason for that
is because we will be re-using the same infrastructure in both cases so
the code will largely be the same to drive both use cases.

This is very important because then we don't need to update SSSD on the machines
where current AD trust feature is already supported -- they will be able to
operate with IPA-IPA trust the instant moment it is established. Actual process
of setting up IPA-IPA trust will be a bit different, of course, as we have better
ways to set the trust up in this case.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy