[Freeipa-users] Common Name for the ipa-cacert-manage command

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon May 4 12:27:42 UTC 2015

On 04/30/2015 06:52 PM, William Graboyes wrote:
> I have to agree with Benjamen here.
>
> I guess it is time to get deep into API documentation.  This is a hell of a lot of hoops to jump through just so that users who don't have shell access can easily change their passwords without having to see a scare page.  Distributing the IPA CA is not an option at this point, as we have a very odd desktop support model.  I thought all of this was to be fixed in 4.1, which is why I went 4.1... and now nothing has changed... and I am back to square 1.

I am not sure I understand your expectations. There are really no other
options.
You can go CA-less and have Puppet or similar to replace your certs when
they expire.
You can use IPA CA and let certmonger do the work. IPA CA can be root or
chained.
It is not clear what else we can do other than finish the automatic
distribution of certs when key rotation happens.