[Freeipa-users] interesting Kerberos issue

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:49:43 UTC 2015

Happy Star Wars Day!
May the Fourth be with you!

So I have a strange Kerberos problem trying to figure out.  On a
CLIENT,  (CentOS 7.1) if I login to account "usera" they get a ticket as
expected.  However, if I login to a 6.6 client, it doesn't seem to work.
Both were enrolled the same, obviously one is newer.

Now, it gets stranger. The "servers" are CentOS 7.1 also. If I login as
root, bypassing kerberos, and then do "kinit admin" it works just fine.
But if I do "kinit usera" I get:

kinit: Generic preauthentication failure while getting initial credentials

Which makes no sense. The account works with a 7.1 client but not a 6.x
client?? And yet "admin" works, no matter what. What am I missing here?

~J