[Freeipa-users] regex with sudo commands

Megan . nagemnna at gmail.com
Tue May 5 01:37:11 UTC 2015

Good Evening!

I'm running 3.0.0-42 on Centos 6.6.

I setup a number of sudo commands today with regular expressions and
now users seem to be having issues running any sudo command.  Are
there any known issues with having regex in sudo commands within the
IPA server?

Here is an example of a sudo rule I have setup.  When my user runs
sudo -ll he only sees the below command, and he should have a large
number of commands available (like /sbin/service httpd restart)

SSSD Role: deploy for UAT
    RunAsUsers: appusr
    Commands:
/usr/bin/python /usr/share/appusr/onworld-tools/scripts/configure.py
-l [a-zA-Z0-9\-_/]* -e EPSG[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] -t [a-z]*
/usr/share/appusr/apache-ant-1.9.4/bin/ant -f
/usr/share/appusr/onworld-tools/scripts/config_deploy.xml
deploy-[a-zA-Z0-9\-]  -Denv=uat

I also purged /var/lib/sss/db and restated sssd thinking it might be
related to caching but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance!