[Freeipa-users] Cannot find KDC for realm "MYDOMAIN.NET" - AD trust and UPN issues

nathan at nathanpeters.com nathan at nathanpeters.com
Tue May 5 21:21:40 UTC 2015

I'm a little confused by that.

If I add the AD dc, will my client try to contact AD directly to get a
ticket?

Doesn't it have to do get the ticket through FreeIPA by proxy somehow?

And to confirm what you meant by add the AD dc and realm, it would be like
this ?

SUB.ADDOMAIN.NET = {
 kdc = dc1.addomain.net:88
}

I don't need the master_kdc, admin_server, default_domain entries?