[Freeipa-users] Cannot find KDC for realm "MYDOMAIN.NET" - AD trust and UPN issues

Nathan Peters nathan at nathanpeters.com
Wed May 6 04:14:52 UTC 2015

>From this link  :
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/active-directory-trust.html#comp-trust-krb

The diagram in that section shows the client communicating with FreeIPA and
FreeIPA contacting AD.

So why are you saying the client authenticates with the AD DC directly?

Also this page here :
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Active_Directory_trust_setup

does not list having to add the AD domain in the krb5.conf.  Is that not
necessary in the example because they are not using a different UPN for
their users like we are?