[Freeipa-users] Known issues with IPA on VM?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed May 6 06:25:56 UTC 2015

On 05/06/2015 07:48 AM, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> Hi
>
> we have some undefinably problems here with IPA inside a VM (rhev/kvm). We
> has often zombie processes (defunct) with certmonger and dirsrv and
> segfaults (dmesg)... We have 8 IPA servers, 4 Hardware and 4 VM's with
> same Install (rhel7.1). We see these problems only on the VM's. Is there
> something already known about such problems?
>
> (The VM's have ever 4 CPU's and 2GB RAM, we have circa 120 Users/Groups)

I do not recall any specific VM problems in particular (maybe except that NTPD
does not work too well in VMs), so I would recommend checking for the real
reasons of crash. Maybe there are some useful errors in the DS/certmonger log
files.

If not, seeing the stack trace of the crash would help us/dirsrv developers
identify the problem:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#debug_crashes