[Freeipa-users] more replication fun

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:39:06 UTC 2015

On 5/6/15 8:12 PM, Vaclav Adamec wrote:
> Hi,
>   Mike Reynolds recommend cleanallruv script (IPA RUV unable to decode
> thread), if you are sure that's not any live replica server behind
> this id than just try "cleanallruv.pl -w XXXXX -b "dc=...." -r 9"
>
> Vasek
>

> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 2:25 AM, Janelle <janellenicole80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi again..
>>
>> Seems to be an ongoing theme (replication). How does one remove these?
>>
>> unable to decode: {replica 9} 553ef80e000100090000 55402c39000000090000
>>
>> I am hoping this is a stupid question with a really simple answer that I am simply missing?
>>
>> ~J
>>
>> --

Thank you Vasek,

I am curious however. I have been running OpenLDAP configs with 20 or
more servers in replication for over 5 years. In all that time, I think
I have had replication issues 5 times.  In the 6 months of working with
FreeIPA, replication issues are constant. From reading the threads, I am
not the only one in this predicament. Is there any history on why
replication is so problematic in FreeIPA?

regards
~J