[Freeipa-users] Host groups not working with SUDO Rules

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri May 8 02:25:43 UTC 2015

Megan . wrote:
> Thank you for the link.  I had the nisdomainname set to the hostname
> of the directory server.  I changed it to the domain (example.com
> instead of dir1.example.com) and that seems to have corrected my
> issue.  Thank you so much!
>
> I have it set in /etc/rc.d/rc.local so that it comes up on boot but i
> was reading that setting NISDOMAIN in  /etc/sysconfig/network might be
> a better place for it.  Are there any pros/cons?

/etc/sysconfig/network is probably the proper place to add it as other
tools that use NIS may look there (authconfig, for example).

I doubt, but can't guarantee, that rc.local would be just as effective
though. Given that there is already machinery to set it based on the
config file though, I'd lean towards that myself.

rob