[Freeipa-users] multi homed environment

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri May 8 13:39:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, 08 May 2015, Andy Thompson wrote:
> [...]
I assume you have IPA 4.x, i.e. systemd-based environment.

1. Start manually dirsrv at INSTANCE-NAME.service

2. Disable ADTRUST and EXTID services with ipa-ldap-updater.
Note that you SHOULD NOT replace $FOO variables below, they should be as
specified in the resulting file. For ipa-ldap-updater use see its
manual page and my blog:
https://vda.li/en/posts/2015/01/02/playing-with-freeipa-ipa-ldap-updater/

# cat <END >88-disable-adtrust-extid.update
dn: cn=ADTRUST,cn=$FQDN,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,$SUFFIX
remove:ipaConfigString:enabledService

dn: cn=EXTID,cn=$FQDN,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,$SUFFIX
remove:ipaConfigString:enabledService
END

# ipa-ldap-updater -l ./88-disable-adtrust-extid.update

3. Restart IPA

4. Re-run ipa-adtrust-install and look at the output, including what it
appends to /var/log/ipaserver-install.log.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy