[Freeipa-users] more replication fun

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:12:40 UTC 2015

On 5/8/15 8:43 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> On 05/08/2015 05:30 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Janelle wrote:

>>> All of this makes good sense - in fact, even the OpenLDAP vs 389-ds
>>> issues and replication. Yes, in the environment I had, there were a
>>> couple of masters, and the reset were read-only, which meant keeping in
>>> sync - easy.
>>>
>>> Now, I was looking through the archives and can't seem to find the
>>> recommended way to delete one of these:
>>>
>>> unable to decode  {replica 22} 553eec64000400160000
>>> 553eec64000400160000
>>>
>>> I think someone mentioned a script, but I can't find it.   I have
>>> several replicas in this state and would like to try and clean them up.
>>> The interesting thing is - the replicas in this state
>>> seehttps://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-May/msg00062.htmlm
>>> to have a
>>> higher CPU load as based on "uptime". Interesting.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> ~J
>>>

>> See https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-May/msg00062.html
> hopefully it does, if not maybe Mark can help to get rid of it
>>
>> It would be nice to know if this style of RUV could be acted on by
>> ipa-replica-manage. I added this bit as a catch-all so no RUV would
>> be invisibly skipped if it didn't match the regex I wrote. If this
>> kind of RUV could indeed still be cleaned it would be nice to know
>> and we could make that possible.
> I think this kind of RUV should never exist, strange enough we have a
> hard time to reproduce it in the lab, but out in the real world they
> seem to proliferate.
>
> Any help to reproduce is greatly appreciated.
>
> Ludwig
>>
>> rob

One last question regarding this (I hope).

Now I am trying to re-add a server that does not show up in replica
list, has no outstanding clean-ruv tasks, BUT - I still get:

The host ipa03.example.com already exists on the master server.
You should remove it before proceeding:
     % ipa host-del ipa03.example.com

BUT - trying that results in:

ipa: ERROR: invalid 'hostname': An IPA master host cannot be deleted or
disabled

:-(

Help?
~J