[Freeipa-users] some documentation issues

Arthur Fayzullin arthur at deus.pro
Mon May 11 12:51:28 UTC 2015

Have a nice day!

I think that I have found somethings that are mispresent and unpresent in documentation.
I have tried to configure debian jessie as a freeipa client. This has been done in 2 ways:

* reference instalation:
I have installed freeipa-client package from sid and configured host by running ipa-client-install command.

* manual instalation:
I have installed packages that've been installed as dependencies during reference installation. And I have done steps described here:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/linux-manual.html
Evrything seems to work fine (and even sudo rules) exept 1 thing: I could not get host certificate by certmonger.
comparing to reference installation I have found that ipa-client-install also makes 1 more config file:
/etc/ipa/default.conf
but this step is not described in documentation. so this is unpresent.
Another thing that I think is present with mistake:
according to documentation I should give this command to get host-certificate:

# ipa-getcert request -d /etc/pki/nssdb -n Server-Cert -K HOST/ipaclient.example.com -N 'CN=ipaclient.example.com,O=EXAMPLE.COM'

and we can see that 'HOST' is capitalised, but it should in small letters.

Thanks for reading!