[Freeipa-users] External Self Help Suggestions.

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu May 14 00:28:53 UTC 2015

On 05/13/2015 08:18 PM, William Graboyes wrote:
> Hi Dmitri,
>
> That is quite a bucket of stuff... On the CA-less install, basically I don't want to have my users change their passwords again (they are complaining about the every 90 day password rotation policy), we do not have an internal CA, most of our "desk top support" folks don't even have access to all of the desktops in the place.  Like I said this place is mind bending when it comes to standard practices.  The CA-less would be good if it were possible to make that change in place, or make the change by standing up a new IPA server and having the ability to import the current data set.
>
> I was looking at PWM, and may try to get that implemented.

Another option is to reset expiration time in the user entry and set it
some date close to 2038 which is the end of the 32-bit time.
If the problem is 90 day policy you can just change the policy to be
5000 days and then next time people change password they would not be
bother for another 5000 days or so (make sure it does not roll over).
For people that already have 90 days in their entry you can run a script
once and move the date into the future.

People have done it for the same reason and in the same way.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Director of Engineering for IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.