[Freeipa-users] more replication issues

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:45:14 UTC 2015

On 5/15/15 3:30 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> On 05/13/2015 06:34 PM, Janelle wrote:

>>> Is there a DEL operation in the access log for "cn=Replication
>>> Manager
>>> masterAgreement1-ipa01.example.com-pki-tomcat,ou=csusers,cn=config"?
>>>
>>> maybe something like
>>>
>>> # grep DEL /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-INST/access|grep -i "Replication
>>> Manager"
>>>
>> nope -- none of the servers have it.
> your original message is very clear:
>
> could not bind id [cn=Replication Manager
> masterAgreement1-ipa01.example.com-pki-tomcat,ou=csusers,cn=config]
> authentication mechanism [SIMPLE]: error 32 (No such object) errno 0
> (Success)
>
> this means that you have replication agreement wth SIMPLE auth which
> uses a
> nsDS5ReplicaBindDN: cn=Replication Manager
> masterAgreement1-ipa01.example.com-pki-tomcat,ou=csusers,cn=config
>
> which does not exist on the target server of the agreement. Now you
> say it was never deleted, so it was probably never added, but used in
> the replication agreements. How do you manage and setup replication
> agreements ?

All replicas are configred simply:

ipa-replica-prepare hostname...
scp ..
ipa-replica-install --no-ntp --setup-ca Replica-file

That is it. NTP is not set because internal NTP servers are used. All
replicas are CA replicas for safety (no certs are managed)

After a few days to a week the message starts popping up in logs.

~J