[Freeipa-users] username case sensitivity

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri May 15 19:44:31 UTC 2015

On (15/05/15 17:27), Andy Thompson wrote:
>Is there a way to enforce case sensitivity for trusted AD users?  I am trying to use username for ssh chroots and I can authenticated with any case combination of <UsERname> but if ssh is set to match on <username> then the chroot is not enforced and the user is dropped to their usual home directory.  I found a case_sensitive option for sssd but it does not seem to have any affect.   Running RHEL6.6 clients.

IPA domain is by default case sensitive.
So You will not change anything if you put "case_sensitive = true" into domain
section of sssd.conf.

But SSSD will create subdomains for each AD domain. It is different id_provider
therefore different default values are used for subdomains and for AD provider
it is case *insensitive* by default.

Currently there's no way how to change it for subdomains (AD trusted domains)

LS