[Freeipa-users] RedHat IDM Replica runs ony dirsrv, kinit and getent fail after reboot

Sina Owolabi notify.sina at gmail.com
Sat May 16 05:00:13 UTC 2015

Hi!

I am running an IPA domain with two servers, one is a replica. Red Hat 6.6,
with the following versions:
libipa_hbac-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
ipa-server-selinux-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64
libipa_hbac-python-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
ipa-admintools-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64
python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch
ipa-client-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64
ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
device-mapper-multipath-libs-0.4.9-80.el6_6.3.x86_64
device-mapper-multipath-0.4.9-80.el6_6.3.x86_64
ipa-server-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64
ipa-python-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64
ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
sssd-ipa-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64

I noticed the replica did not seem to be in sync with the primary IPA
server, as login requests to ipa clients using the replica for domain
authentication failed with
"Too many authentication failures for user UNKNOWN".
I forced a sync with the primary server and rebooted the replica afterwards.
Now the replica is back up, but when I run "ipactl status", only
dirsrv is running:
# ipactl status
Directory Service: RUNNING

No other service shows up. I also tried editing /etc/krb5.conf to
change the [realms] information to point to the primary server, but
while I can now kinit admin,
nothing else works.

Please how can I fix this problem?

Please what can I do fix this?