[Freeipa-users] LDAP uid to cn modify

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon May 18 14:03:53 UTC 2015

Vangass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to set FreeIPA as a LDAP server for HP iLO authentication. iLO
> client sends dn as "cn=bartosz,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com"
> but in FreeIPA there is no cn=bartosz just uid=bartosz (as for any other
> user I create is uid). Is it possible to modify uid to cn or is there
> any other option?
>
> Thanks,
> Bartosz Witkowski

Others have had the same issue,
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2014-January/msg00180.html

If you are running EL 7+ you should be able to create a compat
configuration to make it work but it isn't clear if anyone has done this
work on IPA 3.3+ or not yet (IIRC the users in this thread were all
still on RHEL 6).

rob