[Freeipa-users] Reinstall ipa client, problem with old CA

Dewangga Bachrul Alam dewanggaba at xtremenitro.org
Tue May 19 02:04:43 UTC 2015

Hello!

I'm trying to reinstall ipa client, but have a problem with old/existing
ca.crt in `/etc/ipa/ca.crt`. Should I remove it manually? Since the IPA
server still on development and always reinstalled, I need to reproduce
any possible problem/error on FreeIPA 4.x on CentOS 7.

The error was :
LDAP Error: Connect error: TLS error -8054:You are attempting to import
a cert with the same issuer/serial as an existing cert, but that is not
the same cert.

Currently, I was renamed ca.crt to ca.crt.old and the ipa client
successfully reconnected to new FreeIPA Server using dns discovery.

Is it normal? And why the ipa-client-install --uninstall didn't
completely remove the old ca.crt?

Thank you.