[Freeipa-users] replication again :-(

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Tue May 19 06:58:07 UTC 2015

On 05/19/2015 07:47 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 03:23 AM, Janelle wrote:
>> Once again, replication/sync has been lost. I really wish the product
>> was more
>> stable, it is so much potential and yet.
>>
>> Servers running for 6 days no issues. No new accounts or changes
>> (maybe a few
>> users changing passwords) and again, 5 out of 16 servers are no
>> longer in sync.
>>
>> I can test it easily by adding an account and then waiting a few
>> minutes, then
>> run "ipa  user-show --all username" on all the servers, and only a
>> few of them
>> have the account.  I have now waited 15 minutes, still no luck.
>>
>> Oh well.. I guess I will go look at alternatives. I had such high
>> hopes for
>> this tool. Thanks so much everyone for all your help in trying to get
>> things
>> stable, but for whatever reason, there is a random loss of sync among
>> the
>> servers and obviously this is not acceptable.
>
> Hello Janelle,
>
> I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. Would you be still OK
> with helping us (mostly Ludwig and Thierry) investigate what is the
> root cause of the instability of the replication agreements? This is
> obviously something that should not be happening at this rate as in
> your deployment, so I would really like to be able to identity and fix
> this issue in the 389 DS.
Hello Janelle,

I can only join my voice to Martin to say how I am sorry to read this.
Would you turn on replication logging level (8192) on the
master/consumer and provide us the logs(access/error) and config (dse.ldif).
The master is the instance where you can see the update and the that is
linked (replica agreement) to a replica(aka consumer) where the update
is not received.

thanks
thierry