[Freeipa-users] certmonger + dogtag, bad parsing of returned certificate

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue May 19 13:27:08 UTC 2015

On 05/19/2015 12:34 PM, marcin kowalski wrote:
> Hi, all. I am trying to integrate certmonger with dogtag instance, and so
> far i've stumbled on one odd problem. Hopefully this is the right list.
>

> I've generated some random cert with getcert request, it has communicated
> with dogtag, and i approved it there.
>
> However, when certmonger retrieves it, it cannot save it to disk (
> NEED_TO_NOTIFY_ISSUED_SAVE_FAILED )
>
> Upon inspection of certmonger's request file (in
> /var/lib/certmonger/requests ), it turns out that there is an extra empty
> line before end certificate marker line.  There is no such line when
> looking at the cert in dogtag web interface.
>
> Is there some method/hook i could use to post process such request files to
> fix them up?
>
> Currently i have to stop certmonger, remove the unnecessary blank line and
> restart it. Then it manages to save the cert to disk and starts tracking it
> correctly.

CCing Nalin here. What is the your environment and versions of the
FreeIPA/Dogtag packages you are using?

Seeing your description, it looks you are following some own way - Certmonger
for FreeIPA clients do not need any confirmation on Dogtag side, it is approved
automatically. It looks like you are using Dogtag UI directly and not the
FreeIPA integration.