[Freeipa-users] getting rid of nsds5ReplConflict

Megan . nagemnna at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:10:15 UTC 2015

I'm struggling with a replication conflict.  I had three masters,
dir1, dir2, dir3.  There were some weird issues with dir2 where I was
getting  "error 49 (Invalid credentials)" without any real
information.  When i did " ipa-replica-manage list-ruv" i saw dir2
twice.  I couldn't get it straight so i decided to try to re-create
the replica.  I disconnected the replica, ran the del for the replica.
When i check for replication conflicts i still see it in there and I
can't seem to get it to go away.  It only shows up on one of the
remaining masters.

I was trying to follow the documentation and use ldapmodify to change
the dn to cn=olddir2.somewhere.example.something.com7475d90c but
everything i seem to be trying doesn't work.

I'm assuming this entry needs to be cleared up before i can
successfully setup dir2 again as a replica.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[root at dir1 ~]# ldapsearch -x -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b
"dc=somewhere,dc=example,dc=something,dc=com" "nsds5ReplConflict=*" \*
nsds5ReplConflict
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=somewhere,dc=example,dc=something,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: nsds5ReplConflict=*
# requesting: * nsds5ReplConflict
#

# dir2.somewhere.example.something.com +
7475d90c-f34911e4-99a0ab24-58022cdf, masters
 , ipa, etc, somewhere.example.something.com
dn: cn=dir2.somewhere.example.something.com+nsuniqueid=7475d90c-f34911e4-99a0ab24-5802
 2cdf,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=somewhere,dc=example,dc=something,dc=com
nsds5ReplConflict: namingConflict
cn=dir2.somewhere.example.something.com,cn=masters,c
 n=ipa,cn=etc,dc=somewhere,dc=example,dc=something,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: nsContainer
cn: dir2.somewhere.example.something.com

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2