[Freeipa-users] Certificate operation cannot be completed: Unable to communicate with CMS (Not Found)

Sina Owolabi notify.sina at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:52:33 UTC 2015

Hi Rob

Thanks!
I noticed that the problematic records have their expiration in the
future! And I also do not have pki-tomcatd, it's pki-cad.

>From getcert list, the troublesome IDs are:

Request ID '20130524104828':
        status: CA_UNREACHABLE
        ca-error: Server at https://dc.mydom.com/ipa/xml failed
request, will retry: 907 (RPC failed at server.  cannot connect to
'https://dc.mydom.com:443/ca/agent/ca/displayBySerial': [Errno -8053]
(SEC_ERROR_BUSY) NSS could not shutdown. Objects are still in use.).
        stuck: no
        key pair storage:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYDOM-COM',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB',pinfile='/etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYDOM-COM/pwdfile.txt'
        certificate:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYDOM-COM',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB'
        CA: IPA
        issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=MYDOM.COM
        subject: CN=dc.mydom.com,O=MYDOM.COM
        expires: 2015-05-25 10:12:32 UTC
        key usage:
digitalSignature,nonRepudiation,keyEncipherment,dataEncipherment
        eku: id-kp-serverAuth,id-kp-clientAuth
        pre-save command:
        post-save command:
        track: yes
        auto-renew: yes
Request ID '20130524104917':
        status: CA_UNREACHABLE
        ca-error: Server at https://dc.mydom.com/ipa/xml failed
request, will retry: 907 (RPC failed at server.  cannot connect to
'https://dc.mydom.com:443/ca/agent/ca/displayBySerial': [Errno -12269]
(SSL_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERT_ALERT) SSL peer rejected your certificate as
expired.).
        stuck: no
        key pair storage:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB',pinfile='/etc/httpd/alias/pwdfile.txt'
        certificate:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB'
        CA: IPA
        issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=MYDOM.COM
        subject: CN=dc.mydom.com,O=MYDOM.COM
        expires: 2015-05-25 10:12:33 UTC