[Freeipa-users] replication again :-(

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Wed May 20 13:01:42 UTC 2015

On 05/20/2015 02:57 AM, Janelle wrote:
> On 5/19/15 12:04 AM, thierry bordaz wrote:

> All the replicas are happy again. I found these again:
>
> unable to decode  {replica 16} 55356472000300100000 55356472000300100000
> unable to decode  {replica 23} 5553e3a3000000170000 55543240000300170000
> unable to decode  {replica 24} 554d53d3000000180000 554d54a4000200180000
>
> What I also found to be interesting is that I have not deleted any
> masters at all, so this was quite perplexing where the orphaned
> entries came from.  However I did find 3 of the replicas did not show
> complete RUV lists... While most of the replicas had a list of all 16
> servers, a couple of them listed only 4 or 5. (using
> ipa-replica-manage list-ruv)
I don't know about the orphaned entries. Did you get entries below
deleted parents ?

AFAIK all replicas are master and so have an entry {replica <rid>} in
the RUV. We should expect all servers having the same number of
RUVelements (16, 4 or 5). The servers with 4 or 5 may be isolated so
that they did not received updates from those with 16 RUVelements.
would you copy/paste an example of RUV with 16 and with 4-5 ?

> Once I re-initialized --from servers that showed the correct RUVS
> everyone is happy again. I have tested replication by creating and
> deleting accounts, changing group members and a few other things.
> Everything is working fine.  I have enabled additional logging.
>
> Now we wait and when it happens again, hopefully we have something.

Yes, it will help :-)

thanks
thierry