[Freeipa-users] replication again :-(

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:25:21 UTC 2015

On 5/20/15 12:54 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> On 05/20/2015 02:57 AM, Janelle wrote:

>> All the replicas are happy again. I found these again:
>>
>> unable to decode  {replica 16} 55356472000300100000 55356472000300100000
>> unable to decode  {replica 23} 5553e3a3000000170000 55543240000300170000
>> unable to decode  {replica 24} 554d53d3000000180000 554d54a4000200180000
>>
>> What I also found to be interesting is that I have not deleted any
>> masters at all, so this was quite perplexing where the orphaned
>> entries came from.  However I did find 3 of the replicas did not show
>> complete RUV lists... While most of the replicas had a list of all 16
>> servers, a couple of them listed only 4 or 5. (using
>> ipa-replica-manage list-ruv)
> so this happens "out of the blue" ? Did it happen at the same time, do
> you know when it started ? The maxcsns in the ruv are quite old: r16:
> apr,21, r23: may,14 r24: may,9 could it be that there was no change
> applied to these masters for that time ?

Indeed yes, that is a correct statement. It seems to be incredibly random.
Ok, I give up - how are you finding the date in the strings? And really,
is May 14th that old?

What is odd about the Apr 21st one, is that if you see my previous
emails, I had cleaned up all of this before, so for that to "re-appear"
is indeed a mystery.

As of this morning, things remain clean. What will be funny, now that I
had extended logging enabled, they know we are on to them, so the
servers won't fail again. :-)

~J