[Freeipa-users] [[Test-Announce] Fedora 22 Final status is Go, release on May 26, 2015]

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri May 22 22:00:02 UTC 2015

Carlos Raúl Laguna wrote:
> Just for clarification,
> If i create a user in Windows 2008R2 it propagates to Freeipa 4.1
> because freeIPA trust the AD domain, in this  scenario where AD equally
> trust the freeIPA domain (Fedora 22), a user created in freeIPA should
> not propagate as well to AD ? Regards

Users are not copied, you can reference an AD user from IPA. So you can
log into an IPA-managed machine using your AD credentials. This does not
add the AD user to IPA.

Right now you can't reference IPA users in AD resources, in any version
of IPA. So no logging into Windows using your IPA credentials (yet).

rob