[Freeipa-users] LDAPSearch - Email Address

Mark Grinceri markgrinceri at me.com
Mon May 25 06:02:38 UTC 2015

Hi All,
Hopefully this is quite a simple oversight and that someone might be able to steer me in the correct direction. I’ve setup a postfix server and I’m trying to do a ldap lookup on the relay_recipients_map to my FreeIPA server 4.1.3 to query the attribute mail or email to find the users email address. The problem is when I do an ldapsearch and try to search for the attribute mail or email it doesn’t exist. If I add an email address to another attribute like the title as you can see below and do a ldap lookup from postfix on the attribute title it all works fine and yes the email address attribute is set in FreeIPA under the user. Any ideas?

output from the ldapsearch:

# mark, users, accounts, example.com
dn: uid=mark,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com
title: mark at example.com
gidNumber: 441200001
uidNumber: 441200001
sn: Grinceri
givenName: Mark
uid: mark
homeDirectory: /home/mark
gecos: Mark Grinceri
initials: MG
manager: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com
loginShell: /bin/bash
objectClass: ipaobject
objectClass: person
objectClass: top