[Freeipa-users] Restore deleted RBAC Rules?

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue May 26 13:45:32 UTC 2015

Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 05/25/2015 04:27 PM, Striker Leggette wrote:
>> Is it possible to restore deleted RBAC rules that were deleted from
>> "Permissions and Privileges"?
>
> Hello Striker,
>
> Only if you did a data backup. I do not know about other way...
>
> More information and ideas about Backup and Restore in FreeIPA:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Backup_and_Restore
>
> Martin

It depends on what was deleted. If he deleted common rules shipped by
IPA then re-running ipa-ldap-updater should re-add them. The --test
option will show you what it would do without updating the entries,
assuming you have a version that has --test. Regardless, the next
package update will re-run the updater and add them back anyway.

rob