[Freeipa-users] Sensible defaults for a new major SSSD release

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu May 28 13:38:03 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 01:52:30PM +0200, Pavel Reichl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as part of solution for https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2583 ([RFE]
> Homedir is always overwritten with subdomain_homedir value in server mode)
> we came to the conclusion that it would be a good thing for SSSD in IPA
> server mode to change default value of subdomain_homedir from /home/%d/%u to
> /home/%o (where %o is original user home directory) and also set
> fallback_homedir to /home/%d/%u to handle cases when user doesn't have home
> directory attribute set.

btw we were considering the change on new installs only, where upgrades
would use the previous value.

But then Sumit raised a good point that even a clean install doesn't
equal a green-field environment -- it can be a new replica in an
existing environment..

So right now we're leaning towards keeping the same defaults (/home/%d/%u)
and only enabling the user to select the new behaviour (/home/%o)