[Freeipa-users] how to chain CA certs

Sean Conley - US sconley at caci.com
Mon Nov 2 01:29:48 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am new to FreeIPA and am attempting to stand up my first operational instance.  We do have a commercial wildcard certificate (*.internal.example.org) that should cover the IPA server itself (ipa.internal.example.org).  I used the -external-CA option when running the setup and so a CSR was generated.  Since we have a wildcard cert, I wasn't sure if I really need to submit the CSR to our PKI vendor.  At the same time, it's not clear to me through searching documents how I would extend the CA chain.  Do I need to submit that CSR or is there a way for me to do this on my own?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Sean