[Freeipa-users] Upgrade from 4.1.4

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Wed Nov 4 09:07:18 UTC 2015

Hi All,

We rolled out freeipa in our setup somewhere in beginning of 2015. Since
then there have been couple of new releases. Latest being 4.2.3.

The FreeIPA servers are installed on Fedora 21 hosts and at this point
there is no direct way of upgrading to 4.2.3 unless we also upgrade the OS.
The COPR repos do not support Fedora 21.

Is there a way to get the latest freeipa WITHOUT upgrading the OS ?

Since Fedora releases a new version approx every 6 months, how are others
handling the upgrades ?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
--Prashant