[Freeipa-users] Upgrade from 4.1.4

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 09:22:22 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 10:15 AM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> On (04/11/15 14:37), Prashant Bapat wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We rolled out freeipa in our setup somewhere in beginning of 2015. Since
>> then there have been couple of new releases. Latest being 4.2.3.
>>
>> The FreeIPA servers are installed on Fedora 21 hosts and at this point
>> there is no direct way of upgrading to 4.2.3 unless we also upgrade the OS.
>> The COPR repos do not support Fedora 21.
>>
> Fedora 23 was released yesterday.
> It means then Fedora 21 will be out of support in a month.
> I would definitelly recomment to upgrade it to newer Fedora.

+1. I did the same actually for FreeIPA demo which was also running on F21 before:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Demo
I had to do it in two steps: F21->F22, F22->F23.

If you make sure that F22->F23 upgrade updates to freeipa-4.2.3-1.fc23 or later
(https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-4d94884a7e), it should
work just fine.