[Freeipa-users] Unable to import OpenLDAP users/groups with migrate-ds

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Wed Nov 4 13:50:54 UTC 2015

Hi

Very new to IPA and setting up a proof of concept system that i hope
will replace my existing OpenLDAP 2.3 (no SASL) setup.  I'm trying to
import People, Group ou's into IPA using "ipa migrate-ds".  The IPA and
existing LDAP directories have different BaseDNs (eg ipadomain.local on
IPA, ldapdomain.local on LDAP 2.3) as i want to ideally construct a
completely new directory that we will then switch our clients over to.

ipa migrate-ds --schema=RFC2307
--user-container="dc=ldapdomain,dc=local" ldap://1.2.3.4:389

whatever i try (w or w/o --schema=RFC2307) , the response is the same:

     ipa: ERROR: Insufficient access:  Invalid credentials

or with a verbose flag:

     ipa: INFO: Forwarding 'migrate_ds' to server
u'https://ipa.ipadomain.local/ipa/session/xml'
     ipa: ERROR: Insufficient access:  Invalid credentials

manager naturally exists in ldapdomain.local and i've definitely
supplied the correct password (we use the same creds to manage LDAP
using phpldapadmin)

Hoping that someone has some experience with this and can point me in
the right direction?

thanks

--
Cal Sawyer | Systems Engineer | BlueBolt Ltd
15-16 Margaret Street | London W1W 8RW