[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and Samba4

Troels Hansen th at casalogic.dk
Wed Nov 4 14:34:49 UTC 2015

OK, i have gotten my SID generation to run.
However, on the migrated users I'm unable to do a pdbedit -L
I get:

pdbedit -Lv th
doing parameter max log size = 50
doing parameter add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
doing parameter socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
doing parameter printing = cups
doing parameter printcap name = /etc/printcap
doing parameter load printers = no
pm_process() returned Yes
No builtin backend found, trying to load plugin
Module 'ipasam' loaded
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: successful connection to the LDAP server
The LDAP server is successfully connected
pdb_init_ipasam: support for pdb_enum_upn_suffixes enabled for domain casalogic.lan
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: th
Segmentation fault

on the users generated directly in IPA it works.

[root at tinkerbell ~]# pdbedit -Lv kk

I get the same error when calling pdbedit on IPA or differnet Samba server connected with ipasam.

Only difference I can see is that the users causing segfault have a RID from primary range, and the users working have from secondary range, so I suspect that something have gone wrong in my shifting round in the ranges and this somehow causes ipasam to segfault.

Could I just delete the ipaNTSecurityIdentifier directly in LDAP and let the SID generation run again, or do someone have a good idea to have the SID's reset?

----- On Nov 3, 2015, at 8:06 PM, Troels Hansen th at casalogic.dk wrote:

> Hi, I got a bit further.
> I fount the error, being that I had some groups from the old LDAP with gid aroud
> 500, and current ID range i IPA sat to start at 2000, which was my start UID on
> the old LDAP.
>
> Is it possible to "reset" the base UID/GID that IPA assigns to the next user? I
> can't find it saved in the LDAP anywhere?
>
> ----- On Nov 3, 2015, at 1:36 PM, Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 01:09:53PM +0100, Troels Hansen wrote:
>>> Hi again, so I finally got time to look further into this.
>>>
>>> This task works:
>>>
>>> dn: cn=$TIME-$FQDN-$LIBARCH,cn=ipa-sidgen-task,cn=tasks,cn=config
>>> add:objectclass:top,extensibleObject
>>> add:cn:$TIME-$FQDN-$LIBARCH
>>> add:nsslapd-basedn:"$SUFFIX"
>>> add:delay:0