[Freeipa-users] Unable to import OpenLDAP users/groups with migrate-ds

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Wed Nov 4 15:11:56 UTC 2015

That's terrific, Rob - thanks very much.  Users and Groups import
smoothly with a little additional tweaking

ipa -v migrate-ds --with-compat
--bind-dn="cn=Manager,dc=ldapdomain,dc=local"
--user-container="ou=People,dc=blue-bolt,dc=local"
--group-container="ou=Group,dc=ldapdomain,dc=local"
--group-objectclass="posixGroup" ldap://1.2.3.4:389

boom, all users and groups imported ... but without group membership.

The structure of Group in OpenLDAP is:

# power, Group, ldapdomain.local
dn: cn=systems,ou=Group,dc=ldapdomain,dc=local
cn: systems
gidNumber: 1112
objectClass: posixGroup
memberUid: usera
memberUid: userb

and IPA's schema appears, with one exception (objectClass: top), to match:

# admins, groups, compat, ipadomain.local
dn: cn=admins,cn=groups,cn=compat,dc=ipadomain,dc=local
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: top
gidNumber: 1944000000
memberUid: admin
cn: admins

A side question:  can i use migrate-ds to bring in automount and sudoer
maps from OpenLDAP?

thanks again

Cal Sawyer | Systems Engineer | BlueBolt Ltd
15-16 Margaret Street | London W1W 8RW
+44 (0)20 7637 5575 | www.blue-bolt.com