[Freeipa-users] IPA 4.1.0 UI certificate confusion

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Fri Nov 6 16:16:05 UTC 2015

Hello

I became aware the other day that building new IPA infrastructure on
CentOS6 was seriously going to limit my ability to stay current with
improvements, so i've rebuilt my primary and secondary IPA hosts on
CentOS7 (one day apart).  Installation went fine except that i cannot
access one or the other host's UI (Error code:
sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial). This was never an issue in 3.0
where i could access either in the same browser session

Using Firefox (38) and Chrome (46) I can access any one of the 2 hosts
in any order on the first attempt (with Firefox only after deleting the
previous host's cert) but the second host will always be inaccessible
with ERR_SSL_SERVER_CERT_BAD_FORMAT. Chrome is similar, except it
doesn't trust either host's certificate (red-crossed-out https in URL).
I've confirmed this using a clean account as well.   My working
environment is CentOS 6.6.

The Opera browser on the contrary sees both hosts equally well with zero
complaints

Is this behaviour by design or ?

thanks

--
Cal Sawyer | Systems Engineer | BlueBolt Ltd
15-16 Margaret Street | London W1W 8RW