[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and Windows

Randolph Morgan randym at chem.byu.edu
Tue Nov 10 18:18:37 UTC 2015

I am certain that everyone gets tired of answering the same questions
over and over, so maybe an update to the documentation would be better.
I am trying to get my Windows machines to authenticate against a FreeIPA
server running IPA 4.2+ on RHEL 7.  I have followed the documentation
listed on
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA, but
there seems to be a few steps missing.

In the Configure FreeIPA you are told to create a keytab for the Windows
machine in question.  After creating the keytab, what do you do with
it?  It jumps from creating the keytab to configuring Windows but does
not say what to do with the keytab and the instructions never reference
it again.  Would someone please clarify this and is this something we
would need to do for each and every Windows machine on our network?

Randy

--
Randy Morgan
CSR