[Freeipa-users] SSO Git http smart server and freeipa group authentication

John Obaterspok john.obaterspok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:26:11 UTC 2015

Thanks Simo & Fraser,

Creating a .netrc file on the client computer with according to the SO
postings with below content made things work perfectly!
machine gitserver.my.lan  username '' password ''
machine gitserver         username '' password ''

I would like to use TLS and I've made it work by turning off ssl validation
in git:
git config --global http.sslVerify false

If I would like to use ssl validation, is there some way to use a
certificate for the CNAME? Seems I can only add certificate (at least from
the UI) for a valid principal?

(I'm using freeipa-server 4.2.3 on F23)

Regards,

-- john