[Freeipa-users] 3/4 replica failure - unknown reasons why

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 08:30:38 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

The primary was able to reach the replicas so I agree there is no
networking issue.
But the fact that the replicas did not answered in a given delay to the
primary master, is seen by the primary master as a network issue and
then it backoff for some time.

Unless the timeout is incorrectly tuned (I doubt), I think the problem
came from the replicas. For some reasons they are not responding fast
enough. There is no obvious reason for that. Periodic pstacks of the
replicas if the problem happens again, would likely give us the culprit.

thanks
thierry