[Freeipa-users] Cannot add or delete ssh user keys

Jens Dieskau jens at dieskau.pm
Tue Nov 17 02:56:18 UTC 2015

Hello everybody,

Since the last version of FreeIPA I cannot add or delete any ssh user
keys for synced users. Neither on commandline nor web ui.

It works flawless with local created users. But it does not work with
users created by winsync. See error message below.

If I add the ntUser objectClass manually to a local user, it also
doesn't work any more. Maybe this is somehow the origin of the bug?
Are there any other logs I could check out?

Thanks,
Jens

ipa -vv user-mod name --sshpubkey="ssh-rsa foobar name at host"
ipa: INFO: trying https://ipa.cs.ucc.md/ipa/session/json
ipa: INFO: Request: {
     "id": 0,
     "method": "ping",
     "params": [
         [],
         {}
     ]
}
ipa: INFO: Response: {
     "error": null,
     "id": 0,
     "principal": "admin at CS.UCC.MD",
     "result": {
         "messages": [
             {
                 "code": 13001,
                 "message": "API Version number was not sent, forward
compatibility not guaranteed. Assuming server's API version, 2.156",
                 "name": "VersionMissing",
                 "type": "warning"
             }
         ],
         "summary": "IPA server version 4.2.3. API version 2.156"
     },
     "version": "4.2.3"
}
ipa: INFO: Forwarding 'user_mod' to json server
'https://ipa.cs.ucc.md/ipa/session/json'
ipa: INFO: Request: {
     "id": 0,
     "method": "user_mod",